The Pense Housing Authority maintains four subsidized rental units intended for senior citizens. Low-cost housing is a joint venture between the Federal, Provincial, and Local Governments.
A Board of Directors appointed by the Federal, Provincial and Local Governments governs the PHA. They are volunteers and therefore get no remuneration. The Board is recruited by the Nominating Committee and is in turn appointed by a provincial ministerial order. Housing Authority Boards are responsible for:
- following Saskatchewan Housing Corporation's (SHC) policies and processes;
- delivering SHC programs;
- employing a manager to oversee the day-to-day affairs of the housing authority and to annually review the manager's performance;
- developing annual operations plans and budgets with the housing authority manager;
- maintaining SHC's assets; and
- reviewing and approving contracts.
Housing application forms can be obtained from PHA Manager, Stephanie Humphries 306-526-6955.
Pense Housing Authority Board of Directors
- Chairperson: Francine Proulx-Kenzle
- Director: Sharleen Ulrich
- Director: Carol Straub
- Director: Karen Briere
- Director: Bonnie Chamberlain
- Manager: Stephanie Humphries