The Pense & District Rural Crime Watch is a community driven, community led, police supported crime prevention, crime reduction collaborative program. Driven by volunteers who share the common goal of safe community, safe homes. It is part of the Saskatchewan Rural Crime Watch Association.
The Saskatchewan Rural Crime Watch Association was launched in 2021. The initiative is a partnership between the Saskatchewan Urban Municipalities Association (SUMA) and Saskatchewan Associate of Rural Municipalities (SARM). Members of the initiative include SUMA, SARM, Rural Crime Watch members, RCMP, and the Ministry of Corrections and Policing aim to prevent and reduce criminal behaviour in our communities.
The role of the Pense & District Rural Crime Watch volunteers include:
- Reporting all unusual or suspicious vehicles or occurrences immediately to the RCMP White Butte Detachment (306-781-5050) or, in case of emergency, 9-1-1.
- Responding to RCMP fan-out messages.
- Maintaining an inventory of your property and marking all valuables with your Driver's License Number.
- Displaying your Rural Crime Watch signs as soon as you have received them.
- Attending any information meetings held in your area and taking an active part in your community.
If you would like to join the Pense & District Rural Crime Watch, complete the application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rural Crime Watch Resources: