Curbside Waste Collection and Single Stream Recycling
- Place the cart at roadside by 7a.m. on collection day with wheels facing towards the curb
- Return the emptied cart to your property before the end of the day
- Inform the Town or Loraas Disposal of any damage, vandalism or theft of the cart
What Can I Recycle?
For information on what can be included in your curbside blue bin, view the Loraas Single Stream pamphlet.
Want to know more about recycling electronics, batteries, tires, paints, and other items not allowed in the curbside blue bins, visit Saskatchewan Waste Reduction Council's searchable recycling programs and donation drop-off database.
What About Composting?
Composting is a nature's way of recycling organic matter such as fruit & vegetables peelings, leaves & grass clippings and eggshells. It creates a rich, nutrient dense substance that can be used for soil conditioning and crop nutrition.
Check out the Saskatchewan Waste Reduction Council resources below to learn more about home composting:
- Composting in 60 seconds video series - these videos offer concise information on various aspects of composting, including choosing a bin, using finished compost, composting in winter, trench composting, vermicomposting and bokashi composting
- Home Composting on the Prairies - (22 minute video) in-depth on composting basics, tailored to prairie climates
- What's Your Composting Style? - a short quiz that suggests composting options depending on the person's preferences and situation
- Dishing the Dirt - results of a year-long research project where volunteers tested 25 different types of home composting
- General Composting Information - on the compost section of our website
Want to Reduce your Household Waste?
Regardless of family size or lifestyle, there are small changes we can make in our everyday lives to reduce the amount of waste heading to landfills. Simple actions like donating used items or buying second hand, using reusable water bottle, or buying products that come in less packaging can make a big impact.