MUNICIPAL ELECTION NOVEMBER 9, 2020
Have you thought about running for municipal council ?
Municipal Governance 101: Introduction to Local Government
To encourage participation in municipal governance and increase understanding of what it means to be on council, Municipalities of Saskatchewan has created Municipal Governance 101, free virtual education sessions designed for everyone who has an interest in municipal politics or who is thinking of running for council. Municipal Governance 101: Introduction to Local Government is the first session in the series, open to everyone from a Saskatchewan city, town, or village. This one-hour session will be held on September 1 at 6:30 p.m. In coordination with the Ministry of Government Relations, Municipal Governance 101: Introduction to Local Government will cover what the role of council is, what your responsibilities are as a councillor, and more.
On September 8, 9, and 10, Municipalities of Saskatchewan will be holding three separate sessions where residents from cities, towns, and villages will have the chance to ask a panel of individuals experienced in municipal governance their questions. A separate registration is required to attend the open forum designed for your community.
Information and Forms for Candidates
- Running for Municipal Council: What You Need to Know
- Things to Know as an Elected Official
- Public Disclosure Statement Tips
- Nomination Package (Nomination Form, Candidates Acceptance Form and Public Disclosure Statement)
- Criminal Record Check must be submitted with completed Nomination Packages and must be acquired through our local R.C.M.P. Detachment. Call the White Butte R.C.M.P. at 306-781-5050 to book an appointment.